silence - [silence] Beyond Cage -- internship

Subject: Scholarly discussion of the music of John Cage.

[silence] Beyond Cage -- internship

  • From: SEM Ensemble <>
  • To:
  • Subject: [silence] Beyond Cage -- internship
  • Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2012 12:32:31 -0400

Hi Silence,

We're looking for an intern to help with our upcoming festival in NYC, called Beyond Cage (Oct. 22 - Nov. 7). We're looking for someone to start as soon as possible, and work through the end of the festival. Drop me an e-mail with a resume if you're interested.

Please forward this along to your NYC-based students, if you have them.

best,
Andrew

S.E.M. Ensemble is seeking an intern to assist with the planning and production of the festival Beyond Cage, to take place this fall in New York City. The intern will work closely will a small staff, providing essential administrative and concert production support, and will gain valuable experience in a number of areas related to planning, marketing, fundraising for, and producing a large festival. The ideal intern is organized, asks questions, and is very interested in concert production and the music that SEM performs. Writing and computer skills (Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite) are helpful.

We ask for a commitment of at least 3 days a week, now through November 2012. The internship is currently unpaid, but could lead to a temporary paid position as more time becomes necessary when the festival approaches. Curent students are encouraged to apply, as time in the fall is flexible as well.

---

Andrew Smith
S.E.M. Ensemble
718/488-7659