silence - [silence] reviews on (but not only) experimental music books

Subject: Scholarly discussion of the music of John Cage.

[silence] reviews on (but not only) experimental music books

  • From: matthieu saladin <>
  • To:
  • Subject: [silence] reviews on (but not only) experimental music books
  • Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2012 16:11:49 +0200

Dear all,

Tacet, experimental music review, is looking for reviewers on the following books. The reviews will be published in our next issue dedicated to "experimentation".

- James Sanders (ed) (2009), Asghate Research Companion to Experimental Music.
http://www.ashgate.com/default.aspx?page=637&calcTitle=1&title_id=7555&edition_id=10770

- Benjamin Piekut (2011), Experimentalism Otherwise. The New York Avant-Garde and Its Limits.
http://www.ucpress.edu/book.php?isbn=9780520268517

- Elie During, Laurent Jeanpierre, Christophe Kihm, Dork Zabunyan (eds) (2009), In Actu, De l'experimental dans l'art (french edition).
http://www.lespressesdureel.com/ouvrage.php?id=1578&menu=

- Renee Levine (2010), This life of Sounds. Evenings for New Music in Buffalo.
http://www.oxfordscholarship.com/view/10.1093/acprof:oso/9780199730773.001.0001/acprof-9780199730773

- John Roberts, The Necessity of Errors,
http://www.versobooks.com/books/1013-the-necessity-of-errors

More info on tacet here :
www.tacet.eu
http://www.lespressesdureel.com/EN/ouvrage.php?id=2336&menu=

Please, contact me in private if you are interested in writing on one of these books.
Kind regards
Matthieu Saladin