silence - [silence] A Year From Monday...

Subject: Scholarly discussion of the music of John Cage.

[silence] A Year From Monday...

  • From: Richie Brown <>
  • To: <>
  • Subject: [silence] A Year From Monday...
  • Date: Mon, 5 Sep 2011 14:43:21 -0700

Hello to the Silence listserv:

As a longtime subscriber I am happy to provide my first small contribution to online Cage ephemera:

As Andrew Culver recently pointed out, today is Cage's 99th birthday, an event marking the beginning of the Cage centenary year. In tribute, and as an exercise to help me read through Cage's writings while on a dissertation writing fellowship, I have started a blog, http://www.ayearfrommonday.com, which conveniently begins today, the Monday of Cage's birthday, and ends one year from today (maybe even in Mexico...). I plan on choosing one or two essays each week and posting some comments every Monday for the next 52 weeks and two days.

More info can be found on the "about" page http://www.ayearfrommonday.com/p/about-this-blog.html

Please do follow and comment if you are a blogger, and happy birthday Mr. Cage!

Richard

Richard H Brown
PhD Candidate, Historical Musicology
University of Southern California