silence - [silence] Oxford Bibliography Online: John Cage

Subject: Scholarly discussion of the music of John Cage.

[silence] Oxford Bibliography Online: John Cage

  • From: Rob Haskins <>
  • To: Silence <>
  • Subject: [silence] Oxford Bibliography Online: John Cage
  • Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2011 14:53:30 -0400

I'm working on the bibliography on John Cage for Oxford University Press's amazing Oxford Bibliographies Online Internet resource. I've been charged to make a selection of 100 to 150 entries that will allow the article to be "a selective guide to the best and most useful sources." The OBO entry will have commentary and brief annotations. I ask folks on the Silence list to send me recommendations for the most useful, indispensable entries, as well as citations for sources in obscure journals or monographs.

Although some of your suggestions might not make it into OBO, I would like to publish my complete bibliography online as a comprehensive resource for Cage scholarship. (The Cage Compendium is, of course, an unbelievable resource, but it contains everything [including, for example, reviews] and is therefore sometimes difficult to use.) I might arrange my bibliography chronologically so one can go to the most recent sources right away, but the online bib I publish won't have annotations or follow the organization in OBO.

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer!
best,
Rob

--
Rob Haskins, Ph.D.