silence - [silence] Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: non-silent depictions of silence

Subject: Scholarly discussion of the music of John Cage.

[silence] Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: non-silent depictions of silence

  • From: "Goldstein, Louis" <>
  • To:
  • Subject: [silence] Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: non-silent depictions of silence
  • Date: Tue, 2 Aug 2011 15:38:50 -0400

Barbara Scales to Dionisis, silence
show details Aug 1 (1 day ago)

Indeed - There is MetaMusik - the stunning piano concerto - which, Jenny Lin performed with the Winnipeg Symphony  at their New Music Festival in 2010.

Barbara

And a great recording of MetaMusik on ECM.  Dennis R. Davies and the Vienna Radio Orch (I forgot the pianist's name!)

Also   ---   "Emanations" by Steve Peters - soft sounds barely edging in and retreating to inaudibility.
And Bernhard Gunter's "Time, Dreaming Itself,"  almost constant sound, but .....

Louie