silence - [silence] RE: Re: non-silent depictions of silence

Subject: Scholarly discussion of the music of John Cage.

[silence] RE: Re: non-silent depictions of silence

  • From: Dionisis Boukouvalas <>
  • To: <>, <>
  • Subject: [silence] RE: Re: non-silent depictions of silence
  • Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2011 17:32:10 +0300

This would make for a fascinating compilation :-)

Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2011 13:40:54 +0100
Subject: [silence] Re: non-silent depictions of silence

A few more (courtesy of a 'silence' search on my Itunes):

Agitation Free - In the silence of the morning sunrise

Alvin Lucier - Still and Moving Lines of Silence in Families of Hyperbolas

Don Cherry - Voice of the Silence

Durutti Column: Silence

Ciccone Youth: Needle Gun (Silence)

Messiaen: Regard du silence (from Vingt regards sur l'enfant Jesus)

Jah Wobble & Chinese Dub Orchestra: Silence

Jonathan Harvey: From Silence

Loren Connors: For NY 9/11/01 - the Silence

Neu - Silence

PJ Harvey: Silence

Portishead: Silence

Marilyn Crispell/Gary Peacock/Paul Motion: Silence