silence - [silence] Re: expanding my library

Subject: Scholarly discussion of the music of John Cage.

[silence] Re: expanding my library

  • From: christophe charles <>
  • To:
  • Subject: [silence] Re: expanding my library
  • Date: Sun, 3 Jul 2011 23:10:37 +0900

Hi everyone,

not sure if someone already mentioned
http://cagecomp.home.xs4all.nl/

The "Notations" pdf is on
http://ubu.wfmu.org/text/Cage-John_Notations.pdf

There are also texts about Cage on
http://home.att.ne.jp/grape/charles/dc/dc-texts.html

With best regards,

christophe charles

http://home.att.ne.jp/grape/charles
http://eizou.musabi.ac.jp/charles.html

Date: Sun, 26 Jun 2011 22:53:30 -0400
From: David P Miller <>
Subject: [silence] Re: Re: Re: expanding my library

** Warning: Message part originally used character set X-UNKNOWN
   Some characters may be lost or incorrect **

Hi everyone  --

I couldn't pretend to add much if anything to the vast library already
detailed in this thread (and in subsequent messages to date). I just also
want to out in a plug for Composition in Retrospect. It actually came to
mind for me first. I find it almost poignant in places, as by design it's
a look back across a life.

The book M also played a big part for me in my formative college years. I
knew Silence and A Year from Monday, but I was really ready in those years
for Cage's language experiments in M, and what followed in Empty Words, X,
and of course far beyond.

(I was also incredibly lucky to pick up a copy of Notations, at my
university bookstore, when it was still in print!)

Best wishes,

David M.