silence - [silence] Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Perloff on Cage/Cunningham

Subject: Scholarly discussion of the music of John Cage.

[silence] Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Perloff on Cage/Cunningham

  • From: Jared Steward <>
  • To:
  • Subject: [silence] Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Perloff on Cage/Cunningham
  • Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2011 22:41:51 -0400

Yes, Thanks for the interesting discussion! I was wondering about Petr Kotik's comment:
3.     Cage’s music is all about discipline, which he once defined as -- you “don’t do what you want but anything goes.”

Do you have a source for that quote? I'd love to read whatever else Cage was thinking on that subject.

thanks,
Jared