silence - [silence] Re: silence Digest Sun, 19 Dec 2010

Subject: Scholarly discussion of the music of John Cage.

[silence] Re: silence Digest Sun, 19 Dec 2010

  • From: Louis Cohen <>
  • To:
  • Cc: ,
  • Subject: [silence] Re: silence Digest Sun, 19 Dec 2010
  • Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2010 08:05:29 -0500

I read this book cover to cover recently and found it enthralling. I was one of Cage's students at the New School in 1958, and saw him a number of times for a few years afterwards. I also spent a lot of time with Christan Wolff during that period. However, I lost touch with both of them afterwards and went my own way.

The Cambridge Companion filled in many blanks for me and also touched on many direct experiences. I am very grateful that the material was compiled and strongly recommend to others who want to know more about Cage and his works.

best,
Lou Cohen

On Dec 19, 2010, at 11:03 PM,