silence - [silence] Re: Cage art books

Subject: Scholarly discussion of the music of John Cage.

[silence] Re: Cage art books

  • From: Rob Haskins <>
  • To: Dionisis Boukouvalas <>
  • Cc: Silence <>
  • Subject: [silence] Re: Cage art books
  • Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2010 10:11:08 -0500

THey're different books with different authors, at least the main title listing doesn't mention Kathan:

http://www.amazon.com/John-Cage-Every-Good-Visual/dp/1853322830/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1290611351&sr=8-7

Kathan Brown's book is more like a memoir of working with Cage at Crown Point. This one also includes, though I haven't seen it yet, some criticism on the works themselves.

Maybe Ray Kass or some others on the list who are more informed on Cage's visual art than I could comment? I would be very interested.

Best,
Rob