silence - [silence] Myron Bennett

Subject: Scholarly discussion of the music of John Cage.

[silence] Myron Bennett

  • From: "Christopher L Shultis" <>
  • To:
  • Cc: ,
  • Subject: [silence] Myron Bennett
  • Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2010 08:34:01 -0600

Dear members of the Silence mailing list:

I would like to greet you all on behalf of my father, Myron Bennett, who was a member of the Silence list. Myron passed away on August 7, 2010 at age 77 as a result of the advanced stages of Parkinson's disease. I know that his interest in and admiration of John Cage and his works was a very important part of his life, and I am sure that it was very valuable to him to be able to communicate with you all via the list after his retirement from WGUC in 1993. Myron's last weeks were spent being cared for by the nurses and staff at the Hospice of Cincinnati, where he was treated with the deepest care and compassion and his wishes for a dignified death were respected. I share his love for music, and I was able to sit with him and play him CDs of some of his favorite works (including Debussy, Miles Davis, and Jacques Brel) during his last days.

I'm including below some web links to Myron's obituary and other articles about him which you may find interesting if you would like to know more about him. Please feel free to contact me at .

Brief obit: http://dunes.cincinnati.com/classifieds/obits/obitdisplay.aspx?st=2&id=993514&c=5&k=bennett,%20myron

News article: http://news.cincinnati.com/article/20100809/NEWS0104/8100314/Myron-Bennett-77-WGUC-host

WGUC: http://www.wguc.org/myron_bennett/
WGUC (my father's own words): http://www.wguc.org/myron_bennett/looks.asp