silence - [silence] Re: Sermon re: John Cage

Subject: Scholarly discussion of the music of John Cage.

[silence] Re: Sermon re: John Cage

  • From: estevan carlos benson <>
  • To: Joseph Zitt <>
  • Cc: Silence <>
  • Subject: [silence] Re: Sermon re: John Cage
  • Date: Wed, 2 Jun 2010 18:00:42 -0700

This is fantastic.  A part of me had hoped something like this was practiced within the framework of an actual church.

estevan
estevancarlos.com

On Wed, Jun 2, 2010 at 5:46 PM, Joseph Zitt <> wrote:
Thanks to the John Cage Trust blog for pointing out this very good
sermon on the work of John Cage, delivered, to my surprise, at a
church a few blocks from me, here in Cleveland Heights, Ohio. The Rev.
Colin Bossen raises some intriguing points about Cage's influence and
practice, as well as raising a good question about Cage's relationship
to the issue of suffering. I suspect that this might engender some
spirited conversation. Enjoy!

http://www.uucleveland.org/worship/TheBuddhaShouldbeasUsefulasaCan.php

--
Joseph Zitt ::http://www.josephzitt.com